Successful Together: Taco Chili Soup

February 21, 2012

Taco Chili Soup

This past weekend, my mom and granny went shopping with me :) We had fun going to thrift and consignment shops around town. When it was time for lunch, Ed met us at a locally owned restaurant, Roseanne's. She always has lovely home cooked foods at great prices. As we were leaving, Ed spotted a sign for Taco Soup, so I figured I would give it a go.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb 91/9 ground turkey, browned
1 1.25oz packet of taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 14.5oz can Diced Chili Tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes with some chili powder mixed in)
1 10oz can Rotel Mexican Lime and Cilantro Tomatoes.

Brown Turkey in a deep skillet. Mix in remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat, cooking for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Have a bowl, top some cornbread, or dip some chips in for a yummy meal!

Depending on how you are going to serve it up:
Serves 4 at 4 PointsPlus each
Serves 8 at 2 PointsPlus each




Angie

PS and for your viewing pleasure, one of the great finds from the thrift stores :)
It's a good thing he loves me!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had taco soup in forever! Great reminder!!! I'll have to try your version.... LOVE taco soup!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)