Successful Together: Sweet Potato Soup

January 09, 2012

Sweet Potato Soup

Say it Slow with me.
Sweet.Potato.Soup.
uhhuh!

It looks like baby food but tastes sooooooooo good, and it freezes well!
Original Recipe Credit goes to Sing for Your Supper

Ingredients:
3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped in to chunks
3 cups chicken broth
2.5 cups water
2 tablespoon reduced fat butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
splash lemon juice
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste


In a large pot, bring the sweet potatoes, chicken broth and water to a boil. Cook for about 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are very soft. Using an immersion blender (or regular blender in 2-3 batches) puree the soup until smooth and no lumps remain. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with some cinnamon (this MADE it for me!)

Makes:
6 servings @ 7 PPV each
7 servings @ 6 PPV each
8 servings @ 5 PPV each

I will be making this again. SOON! :)




Photobucket

Linked at:
Full Plate Thursday


4 comments:

  1. I am going to try this. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so yummy! I have just recently discovered my love for sweet potatoes, even though I have always loved pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great twist on potato soup, Angie! So much healthier with sweet potatoes! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays! I hope to see you back this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie,
    We will just love this recipe. We are big Sweet Potato fans and with the addition of the brown sugar and cayenne it will be a big winner with us. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)