Successful Together: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls

November 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls

We are still on the mission to find the "perfect" snack. After perusing food blogs, we went back to Chocolate Covered Katie and decided to recreate this recipe.


Ingredients:
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup + 3 tbs raisins
2 tbs peanuts
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Optional Coating:
1/4 tbs baking cocoa
2 tbs flax seed meal


Combine all ingredients in food processor (except coating ingredients) until mix is well incorporated. It may seem like it will never mix, but trust me, it does :). divide in to equal servings and roll in to balls. I made  6 out of mine, but I think 12 is really more size appropriate.  If you want to coat them, mix the two dry ingredients and then roll balls in the coating.

Ed liked these. I liked these. The coating is good, but a bit bitter until you get it mixed with the dough part.

Without Coating:                                                With Coating:
12 servings @ 2 PPV                                      12 servings @ 2 PPV
6 servings @ 3 PPV                                         6 servings @ 4 PPV
3 Servings @ 6 PPV                                        3 servings @ 7 PPV


                            

Photobucket



4 comments:

  1. Yum, Angie! Love these healthy little bites!!:) Thanks for sharing. Peanut butter is a favorite in our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good and such a perfect snack/treat. I am definitely going to spread the news about your blog. I have a health blog that I recently started posting on again with recipes, tips and motivations. I may blog about some of your recipes if that is okay. I will definitely give credit and link to your page. I will be reading your blog regularly. My blog is http://takingcontroljourney.blogspot.com/ =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would L.O.V.E for you to blog about my blog :) looking forward to checking your blog out :) Have a great day!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)