Successful Together: Skinny Monkey Bites

October 09, 2011

Skinny Monkey Bites

We have been trying to find "better"snack alternatives for both Ed and myself and in the process stumbled across this recipe at Once a Month Mom. The ingredients are basic and the prep is easy enough. Definitely a winner for me!

Ingredients:
3 bananas, mushed (mine weighed 406 g total, without peel)
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I used skippy natural)
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat over to 350. Mush banana in a large bowl. Once smooth, mix in the peanut butter, apple sauce and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl combine the oats and the cocoa til well combined. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients thoroughly. Let mixture stand for 15-20 minutes ( I skipped this step, impatient me!) Spoon out by teaspoon fulls on to cookie sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes.

Original recipe states yield 30, I got 33 out of mine.
based on 33 bites:
1 is 1 Points+
2 is 2 Points+
3 is 4 Points+
4 is 5 Points +

I enjoyed these; Ed said they are very banana-y.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)