Successful Together: Bourbon Chicken

August 22, 2011

Bourbon Chicken

My BFF Lorin posted that she had made Bourbon Chicken. Recipe originally found over at Mom's Who Think. I figured I would half the recipe and have enough for a few lunches and that went well until I started measuring for the sauce. BUT!! It still turned out great, very saucy!


Ingredients:
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut in to bite sized pieces)
2 tbl olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tbl ketchup
1 tbl cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce

Heat oil in large skillet.
Add chicken pieces and cook til lightly browned. Remove chicken
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Serve over hot rice.
ENJOY!



Just the chicken:
4 Servings @ 7 PPV each
5 Servings @ 5 PPV
(if I had made it with 2 lbs of chicken like the original recipe called for, it would have made 8 servings @ 5 PPV or 10 servings @ 4 PPV each)
(as pictured above chicken, rice and broccoli is 9 PPV)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)