Successful Together: Oven "fried" Zucchini Chips

July 05, 2011

Oven "fried" Zucchini Chips

When I started chopping the zucchini for the Zucchini Stir fry, I realized that almost 2 pounds of squash chops up to be a lot more than I thought! Ed and I both love Fried Squash, and I have been wanting to try Zucchini Fries, but I didn't have all of the ingredients, so I figured I would try a basic simple recipe and see how it went. It is definitely NOT Oil Fried Squash, but it did turn out pretty tasty!

Ingredients:
175g Zucchini, thinly sliced in rounds
1/4 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup italian bread crumbs


Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray lightly with PAM. Dip each squash round in the milk, then coat with bread crumbs, spacing them evenly apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, then flip and cook for another 7 or so.



Makes 2 servings @ 2 Points+ Each


Photobucket
Zucchini on Foodista

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for our zucchini to be ready for harvest so that I can give this a try.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always made fried zucchini when I was a little girl.... Such GOOD memories of eating tons of it. This is such a great way to enjoy it without all the fat. SO anxious to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this,it's so much better than deep fried.I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this zucchini widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about zucchini recipes,thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)