Successful Together: Blueberry Banana Breakfast Oat Bread (In the Microwave)

June 16, 2011

Blueberry Banana Breakfast Oat Bread (In the Microwave)

I have frozen bananas, LOT AND LOTS of frozen bananas! I have baked with them before, but really wanted to try them in my Oatmeal Pancakes. So here is what happened. And the result is FABULOUS!

You start with blending up:

Blueberry Banana Ice cream for One

Or: 
45g (or Palm full) of fresh blueberries, stems removed and rinsed
1/2 frozen banana
(you may need some water or milk, but mine didn't!)
Put them in the food processor and give it a whirl.

2/3 cup oats
1 egg
( I did not add these this time, but I will next time)
Cinnamon
a few drips of vanilla

( I PROMISE I was going to make some Pancake but the batter looked to loose and I didn't want to go adding a bunch of other things)

Mix the above ingredients in a microwave safe dish ( you can spray with pam if you want, I didn't and it turned out just fine!)
Heat on high, starting with 1 minutes, then adding 30 second increments, checking the consistency of your bread. It took mine a total of 3 minutes and 30 seconds but I would not recommend heating for the entire time at once. I can just envision the explode-y things in your microwave.
CAREFULLY remove the bowl from the microwave and let it sit for a minute so you don't burn your fingers. Flip out on to a plate and serve!



If you wanted to eat the whole thing, One serving is 7 Points+
Or you could half it at 4 Points+ for each half. 
I sprayed a tad bit of spray butter and 1/2 oz light cream cheese to mine (not included in the PPV information)
YUM!

Photobucket

linked up @
Recipes to Run On

2 comments:

  1. Nice combination of ingredients good use for a some frozen bananas - and who doesn't have a load of those hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,
    That really sounds wonderful! I appreciate you passing it along! Have a wonderful day!
    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)