Successful Together: Freezing Cantaloupe

May 27, 2011

Freezing Cantaloupe

Occasionally, you find a super great deal on produce and HATE to pass it up. I had gotten 2 cantaloupes for .99 each and realized they were STILL in my fridge and needed to have something done to them pronto. I had made and frozen melon balls before but I really wanted to do something different.

I cut the melons in half, removed the seeds and sliced in to 1/4 inch slices. Cut around the edges to remove the rind, and placed on a baking sheet, in a single layer. Once frozen transfer to a freezer bag. Store until ready for some frosty goodness. Yummmy!









Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for linking up today. You have great recipes here. I'm your newest follower and looking forward to being a regular reader!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)