Successful Together: Apples and Sweet Potatoes Hash

May 01, 2011

Apples and Sweet Potatoes Hash

I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it!
Original Recipe Credit goes to Mother Rimmy


Ingredients


1 large sweet potato (about 284 grams) BE CAREFUL on sweet potato size assumptions! =)
washed, peeled and cubed
2 cups apples, cored and cubed (I peeled mine)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
light sprinkle of allspice


1. Blanch sweet potato in a large microwave safe bowl in 2″ of water for 5 minutes. Sweet potato should be crisp-tender.
2. In a large non-stick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook til light brown. Add apples, potatoes and allspice. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 - 25 minutes until vegetables and fruit are tender and potato is starting to brown.







1/2 of recipe = 3 Points+
1/3 -1/4 of recipe = 2 Points Plus
(add an egg, add 2 Points+!)


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe at this week's Sugar Free Sunday! This looks really good - I think I'm going to try it for breakfast tomorrow.

    Btw - what are the points??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Raj! :) Thank you for stopping by!
    The points are from the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program. They help me keep track of how much food I have eaten on a day to day basis. Keeps me in line with where I want to be! Please let me know if you have any more questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting mix! I've never had anything like this! I might have to beg my husband to make me some : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, Angie!! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)