Successful Together: 3rd Annual Weight Watchers Walk-it 5K Event: Greenville, SC

May 22, 2011

3rd Annual Weight Watchers Walk-it 5K Event: Greenville, SC

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Words can barely begin to express the joy, accomplishment and success of this event.
Only the 2nd official 5K I have ever done, this was the best yet. Hands down. For those of you who may be unfamiliar, Weight Watchers started 3 years ago with an initiative to get people up and moving. Just WALK. An easy enough concept, but still so hard to grasp for some. Anyone who has known me for a long time, should know, I never have been a "physically fit" person. Back in elementary school, I was over weight and it was like pulling teeth for to jog a mile, make that it was EASIER to pull teeth. To this day, I can say that I still have never run a complete mile. ( I am working on that! :D )

I am SO proud of all the people that came out to walk it today, and those that made there own events around their homes. Out of all of the locations that Weight Watchers helped set up, they reported that the Greenville location was in the top OF THE NATION! We had over 400 people register and finish the race. It makes my heart happy just thinking about it.

Last year, Ed and I participated in a local event our time was somewhere between 45-50ish minutes!

While we are waiting on the official numbers to come in, I am ever so pleased to report that Ed came in at about 32 minutes, and I finished in about 37!


Official Stats:

ED @ 34.21
Angie @ 37.35

Wow...... :D

It was a such a great day, with so many great people!


To see some more pics from the event please visit:
http://upstatefotos.smugmug.com/Sports/May-22-Race/17158487_22LMHg#1300537394_WRKBHwq
And for the race results:
http://go-greenevents.com/resultsdetail/id/326

I didn't bring my camera with me, but once I got home, I took some pics of our swag!

It does :)

sketchers bag

been there, done that, got the t-shirt!



My bib # :)














Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!

    Me and Jake walked a little over 2 miles the other day (Saturday, I think). We were going to walk to Dairy Queen (ironic, I'm sure), to get a blizzard and walk home, but ended up leaving there because it was too busy and walking somewhere else. We've talked now about walking after dinner, to get some exercise in. It's nice, cause we just talk the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Really a great thing to get in to. I NEVER saw myself as a walker, let along a jogger, but I am working on that now. When you can change your own perception of yourself, it is a beautiful thing!
    And I believe walking to DQ is so much better than driving to DQ!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what time of day was the weight watchers walk-it in greenville & where did the 5k start & finish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anon! It was at 6 pm. We did a few laps around the old greenville braves stadium as well as some woods walking! It was great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)