Successful Together: Caramel Apple Salad

April 21, 2011

Caramel Apple Salad

I saw this and KNEW I  had to try it especially since I had all of the ingredients on hand =)
Original Recipe credit goes to A Better Baker

Ingredients:
1 8 oz tub cool whip free or lite ( I had lite)
1 4 serving packet of instant butterscotch pudding
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple packed in its own juice, drained slightly ( drained mine until the juices stopped running freely, if that is vague enough for you!)
2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced ( recipe calls for 4 and i had 4 set out, but the two seemed to fill it well. Use your own discretion)


mix the pineapple with the pudding mix
( I put mine in an 8x8 pyrex dish)


then mix in the cool whip and apples, stir well!


The original recipe called for a garnish of peanuts but I didnt have any
so I sprinkled about 1/2 tablespoon of PB2 On top 

Since it is breakfast time, I only took a small taste and it was REALLY 
good. Plan on having a serving later today!

Points+ Values by serving size:
4 servings = 4 Points+ Each
6 Servings = 3 Points+ Each
8 Servings= 2 Points+ Each



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Angie for sharing this terrific recipe! Awesome idea to sprinkle it with PB2! Looks wonderful - your pix are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good - have to try it! I like the idea, cause I love caramel apples, but don't like biting into them (that might be weird), I always cut it off the stick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    @ Beth, I am not a big fan of food on sticks myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have heard of this recipe before. Sounds good. I wonder how it would be without the pineapple. I am following you check out mine please.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)