Successful Together: Black Bean Brownies

February 20, 2011

Black Bean Brownies

When my Weight Watchers leader Wendy mentioned these to me years ago. I thought, "NO!!!!" but, since I am trying new and different things I figured why not. Recipe credit goes to Slender Kitchen though I altered it since I didn't have any Instant Coffee.








Ingredients
1 can black beans
1 box of brownie mix ( I used Pillsbury, family size)
1 tablespoon PB2 (powdered peanut butter)



Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 (or whatever temp your mix tells you!). Drain can of black beans and rinse (both beans and can) Put rinsed beans back in can, can fill to the top with water. Dump this in your blender or food processor and blend until it has an even texture. Mix the powdered mix, pb2 and black bean puree together until smooth. Pour in to a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with PAM and bake as directed.






before blender
after blender






Using what I used, makes 20 brownies, each having PointsPlus value of 4!







These are good. Seriously. My husband asked what I was making, Brownies I said. When they were done baking, Those smell really good, he said. He ate one, then went back for another. Deceptively Delicious?? I think so!!!
.




***recipe side note*** after these cooled, i cut and froze them. they are good for a nice warm snack, just pop one in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds!




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha ...you little sneak getting all that protein in there! I never even heard of powdered PB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheeh... That is so funny about your hubby :) PB2 is a favorite at our house. I buy it by the case. Best thing ever!!! Can't wait to try some in this brownie recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)