Successful Together: Crockpot Apples and Sweet Potatoes

January 30, 2011

Crockpot Apples and Sweet Potatoes

I know how much I love my crockpot apples and I had made some smashed sweet potatoes with apples before, so I figured I would give it a shot in the crockpot.


Ingredients:
4 apples (there are six in the picture but I didn't use them all!)
peeled, sliced & diced
1 sweet potato, peeled, sliced & diced
dash of all spice
sprinkle of ground ginger
healthy coating of cinnamon
(seasoning can be altered depending on how "spicy" you want the mix)
1 tablespoon vanilla favoring


You dice them

Sprinkle them

Dump them in your crockpot (this is a small 2-3 quart one)
Cover and cook for about 4 hours. 
This pot only has an on/off setting, not hi/low so know your pot.

When all is said and done, mix them up with a spoon and it should mash together
easily. If they don't break up, cover and cook for another 30 minutes, or until soft.
Can serve as a side or as a dessert with some whipped cream.

I will have to get a better final project picture!

Using the amount I used, it makes about 4 - 1/2 cup servings @ 3 points plus each.
(if served as a dessert with whipped topping, the topping would be extra)
And it tastes absolutely fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Thanks for linking up for my slow cooker recipe index!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment :)
I am trying to keep the captcha away but I have been having an influx of Spam comments, so only registered users can comment. I hate to add a step, but I think logging in is better than captchas :)